Tuesday 13 December 2011

Hrithik Roshan: Huff puff, no more ciggies!

Haylo, my cream crackers. I've woken up to a Tuesday with a terrible headache. It comes from being in the company of one of my beau's dosts who is a chain-smoker. He was lighting up one cancer stick after another despite my protests to storm out. I should have, but that silver-bearded beau of mine was almost on his knees to keep me by his side. Huff puff!
Anyway, I managed to give Mr Chimney a piece of my mind. He was well clued into all the health hazards he was inviting, but moaned that despite his feverish attempts, he has been unable to kick the butt. So I've pointed him in Duggu's direction.
Not so long ago, Hrithik Roshan was hooked onto this habit too and fighting to free himself from it. That's when he chanced upon Alan Carr's book, The Easy Way to Quit Smoking, and ordered a copy for himself. Duggu being Duggu, took a day off from work, cut himself off from anyone and everyone and finished the book, from the first page to the last, in a day. And seven days later, had joined the queues of the nonsmokers.
Today, he swears by it, and has bought 40 copies of his helpline to distribute amongst family, friends and needy strangers too. Sanjay Dutt and Abhay Deol have got a copy each, but there are still several with him. And should you go to him with a ciggy in your pocket and a plea on your lips, he'll give you one of those books too. Vijju's friend-in-need is already at his door.


0 comments:

Post a Comment