Sunday 20 November 2011

Anushka Sharma: 'I am single'




Anushka Sharma has had enough of linkups. The 23-year-old actor dismiss rumours that Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl is a sequel to Band Baaja Baraat, and that her co-star Ranveer and her on-screen chemistry spilled over into real life too, but has now fizzled out.
When the comic caper was being filmed in Goa, the lead pair was reported to have moved into a hotel suite together. Soon after, Anushka was spotted wearing an 'engagement ring'. But lately, Ranveer has apparently been seen walking around hand-in-hand with Sonakshi Sinha and has been quoted saying he never dated Anushka.
"Ranveer is not and never was my boyfriend. It was the media that said we were seeing each other, and then that we were not. We didn't. I'm single and not in a relationship. In fact, I've never even been on a proper date with anyone; if by date you mean getting dressed up and being driven in a swishy car to a fancy dinner," fumes the actor.
So, are all these stories just publicity gimmicks for their soon-to-release film? "Neither of us would stoop to the level of cooking up controversies to sell our film," she snaps. Anushka is equally angry over reports of her trying to woo Ranbir Kapoor to snag the lead in Ayan Mukherjee's next, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, before Deepika Padukone was cast.
"I'm not from the industry and I don't have a godfather making calls for me, but I still wouldn't cuddle up to a director or hang out with an actor to bag a film. I hang out with Ranbir and Ayan because I know them socially and not for any professional gains," she asserts. She also reasons that if a director is pressurised into casting someone he's not convinced about, it can become a hurdle: "It took Parmeet Sethi a while to realise that I wasn't Tani from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and I could handle Bulbul from Badmaash Company (2010)," Anushka points out. "My career is going well, I don't have to get desperate!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment