Tuesday 6 December 2011

Naseeruddin Shah clueless about Ishqiya's sequel

Actor Naseeruddin Shah unaware of a sequel to his two-year-old sleeper hit, admits he’d like to work in a sequel to the 2008 hit, A Wednesday. Actor Naseeruddin Shah is currently on a high. Critics and audience alike have applauded his last Friday’s release, The Dirty Picture, in which he plays a south superstar who lusts after Silk, played by Vidya Balan.
When asked why he hadn’t promoted his movie the way Tusshar Kapoor, Emraan Hashmi and Vidya Balan had, Naseer asserts he didn’t feel the need to do so.
“It’s not like I was averse to talking about the movie. But it didn’t need so much support from me because Vidya and the boys had been touring all over the country promoting the film. Wherever I found a chance, I did my bit as well,” he says, adding, “I haven’t seen the movie, like most of my other films. But if people love what I have done, I must thank everyone who helped me pull off those gaudy clothes and the dance sequence around matkas (earthern pots). It took me 35 years in the business to finally dance.”
After a longish break, the actor is reportedly going to start work on the sequel to his 2009 hit, Ishqiya, directed by Abhishek Chaubey, where he played Mamu (uncle), who was in love with the seductive widow Krishna, played by Vidya.
This time, he would reunite with his partner-in-crime nephew, played by Arshad Warsi, but the woman would be different. It was supposedly Madhuri Dixit till a while ago, and now rumours are that it’s likely to be Kangana Ranaut.
“Dedh Ishqiya?” Naseer quips, when asked when he is likely to start work on the film.
“I don’t know about any sequel to Ishqiya. I’m not in the loop about any such project being planned. If there is a plan, and Vishal Bhardwaj and Abhishek (the director) approach me, we’ll see what can be worked out. But as of now, I’m not doing any movie called Dedh Ishqiya.”
However, when asked if there was any other movie whose sequel he’d like to be part of, Naseer says, “A Wednesday, for sure. It was a brave movie. And it had an open ending. So there is definitely a possibility of a sequel. And if there is one that Neeraj Pandey (writer-director) plans, I will be a part of it.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment