Thursday 20 October 2011

Malaika Arora Khan's favourite item number

After the success of Munni, Bollywood is gripped by the item number fever with A-listers showing their jhatkas - Katrina Kaif in Sheila Ki Jawani, Deepika Padukone in Dum Maro Dum and Kareena Kapoor in Chammak Challo to name some. But dancing queen Malaika remains the reigning
queen.
Ask her about her favourite item song and she replies without hesitation, "My own! I'm very partial to Munni Badnam, it's extra special because it was in my own film. But I think all item numbers have a different look and beat, I think Sheila was also fantastic, it was beautifully choreographed and done superbly."
Malaika has been in great demand for doing item numbers, but she is being selective. Her next dancing avatar will be in Sajid Nadiadwala's Housefull 2. So what will be new for Munni fans, she says, "After Chaiyya Chaiyya and Munni Badnam, this will be my third song with Farah. Our jodi has done pretty well before and I hope it stays like that."
At the launch of Ponds cold cream in the capital, the dusky beauty talked about her passion for dancing, "I do everything with sincerity and a little bit of fun. I always believe in doing better than before, there're always comparisons and expectations but only in a positive way."
Post Housefull 2, Malika is looking forward to Dabangg 2, which will be produced by her husband's company, Arbaaz Khan Productions. So will she recreate the Munni magic in the sequel? "I don't know if there will be any Munni in it, you'll have to ask Arbaaz that, she responds cheekily.
So who does she think can fill in her dancing shoes the best? And she gets pensive, "Hmmmm...I don't know! I've asked myself a billion times, but could never come out with an answer." While she has won over a million hearts with her glamorous avatar, she would love to de-glam for an appropriate role, "Well, never say never, if I come across a role which requires me in a different persona, I would definately take it up."

0 comments:

Post a Comment